Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A dirty dozen: some new Kiwi crime titles


As the announcement of the finalists for the 2015 Ngaio Marsh Award looms (in the next few days), celebrating the best of last year's New Zealand crime, mystery, and thriller titles, I thought I'd pause to appreciate the present, and the future.

Here is a dirty dozen of recently released or upcoming (available for preorder) Kiwi crime titles. Next year's Ngaio Marsh Award finalists and winner may very well be among them, but for now, they're just great reads. I can personally vouch for Cleave's TRUST NO ONE, Daniell's THE FIXER, Nicol's THE MISTAKE, Sanders' AMERICAN BLOOD, Sarafis's SOMETHING IS ROTTEN, and Thomas's BLOOD, WINE & CHOCOLATE. Those books are all in the good to outstanding range. I'm looking forward to reading the others (I recently really enjoyed Ryan's prequel to THE MARK OF HALAM, so that's high on the list).

I will be ramping up the publication of New Zealand book reviews here on Crime Watch in the coming months (sixty full reviews, a dozen or so mini-reviews, and 100+ international book reviews and counting).

If you are a reviewer, and would in particular be interested in reading and reviewing any of the above books - or any other New Zealand crime, mystery, or thriller title - for Crime Watch, please leave a comment or contact me on craigsisterson[at]hotmail[dot]com. I can provide review copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment